issue on reboot

bread-baker

Mar 6, 2010
the following is testing system, which also has gnome and other packages installed... so my issue below may be due to sysadmin error or not...

On reboot these messages showed , and proxmox [or parts of ] are not running:
Code:
Starting PVE Daemon: pvedaemon.                                                                                                
Starting web server: apache2Syntax error on line 13 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/pve-redirect.conf:                           
SSLCertificateFile: file '/etc/pve/local/pve-ssl.pem' does not exist or is empty                                               
Action 'start' failed.                                                                                                         
The Apache error log may have more information.                                                                                
 failed!                                                                                                                       
Starting PVE Status Daemon: pvestatd.                                                                                          
ipcc_send_rec failed: Connection refused                                                                                       
cluster not ready - no quorum?                                                                                                 
Starting OpenVZ: ..done                                                                                                        
Bringing up interface venet0: ..done                                                                                           
Container(s) not found                                                                                                         
startpar: service(s) returned failure: apache2 qemu-server ... failed!

/etc/pve is not mounted.
the folder is empty.

any clues?

after checking i found that /etc/init.d/pve-cluster was not starting. so debugged with:
Code:
/usr/bin/pmxcfs 
critical: Unable to get local IP address (pmxcfs.c:721:main)

so my hosts file was not ok.

I recreate the hosts file so each server has local accurate dns .

hostname = fbc1

i had
127.0.0.1 fbc1
10.100.100.1 fbc1

so my mistake.

setting
127.0.0.1 localhost
fixed it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!