issue of No network interface found?

wedobest

Aug 5, 2019
Hi all,

first time poster here - I have an issue that im trying to work out.

Im installing proxmox on a laptop of Acer Swift 3 SF-315, OS windows 10 LTSC x64

the installer is proxmox v6.0

issue: no network interface found.

I check the network interface card is inter(R) Dual Band wireless-AC7265

any help would be appreciated.

It could very well be that the model of your WiFi Adapter is not supported in the installer (it should be in the finished installation, or at least you could potentially install any missing drivers there).

I would suggest using an ethernet port (or a usb-ethernet adapter) for installation and then follow the instructions on our wiki on how to configure a WiFi card once installed. You should then also be able to run without ethernet.

Last edited:
It could very well be that the model of your WiFi Adapter is not supported in the installer (it should be in the finished installation, or at least you could potentially install any missing drivers there).

I would suggest using an ethernet port (or a usb-ethernet adapter) for installation and then follow the instructions on our wiki on how to configure a WiFi card once installed. You should then also be able to run without ethernet.

Thanks ,,, I will try usb-ethernet adapater.. thanks ..

following your instruction, PVE installed on my laptop.. thanks , but other issue comes when I back to my windows 10.

my laptop has 2 hard disk,

first disk as system c:
second disk has 2 partition d: e:

the d: e: disappeared after I back to windows 10...

I check it with disk management, d: and e: Merge together , but can't been seen in my laptop...

would you please help me again.....

Could it be that you selected your second disk in the PVE installer? That would reformat the disk with its own partitions.

Please post the output of 'lsblk' (and 'lvs -a' if you're running LVM or 'zpool status' if on ZFS) in the PVE command line.

following your instruction, PVE installed on my laptop.. thanks , but other issue comes when I back to my windows 10.

my laptop has 2 hard disk,

first disk as system c:
second disk has 2 partition d: e:

the d: e: disappeared after I back to windows 10...

I check it with disk management, d: and e: Merge together , but can't been seen in my laptop...

would you please help me again
Could it be that you selected your second disk in the PVE installer? That would reformat the disk with its own partitions.

Please post the output of 'lsblk' (and 'lvs -a' if you're running LVM or 'zpool status' if on ZFS) in the PVE command line.

Thank you for your reply.

There is only one option to be selected install on the second disk. I remember. you know I have know nothing about PVE. I have learn more with my experience of install PVE now. I don't care the data on my second disk, if can not recovery it .

I will post the info of isblk soon....

thanks again..

20190806.jpg

The command is 'lsblk' (starting with L, as in "list block devices").

Nevertheless, if you installed PVE on your second disk, then yes, all data would have been overwritten (and judging from your 'lvs -a' output showing close to 1 TB in used space, that seems to be the case).

I don't care the data on my second disk, if can not recovery it .
The command is 'lsblk' (starting with L, as in "list block devices").

Nevertheless, if you installed PVE on your second disk, then yes, all data would have been overwritten (and judging from your 'lvs -a' output showing close to 1 TB in used space, that seems to be the case).

I partition the second hard disk and reinstall windows then try to learn PVE again....

thank you for your help.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!