[SOLVED] Issue installing proxmox 8.2 stuck on 2%

killmasta93

Renowned Member
Aug 13, 2017
Hi
Currently was wondering if someone else has had this issue before, Currently installing on a dell r720 with IT mode dell h710, installing on new disks of Intel D3-S4510
16 disks, it gets stuck when i install on UEFI, i also tried legacy same issue not sure what else i can try?

Thanks

I would turn off all other disk that you're not using just to be sure...there is something else in the bios that needed to turn off...my Dell is packed up in storage so I could look...you're more senior than me with PVE though...

Reactions: killmasta93
Alternatively, you could also try to install Debian, and see if it either gives any more clear indication of what might be wrong (and it being either a hardware or Debian-general issue, or instead it being proxmox-specific for example). From that Debian install you could then also install Proxmox on top of it, so it wouldn't really be a wasted test, if that install works normally.
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_12_Bookworm

yeah i recently added 16 back plane going to check if its a cable issue its just very odd saying I/O delay on various disks

yeah it seems issue with hardware controller, changed it and worked, even though i did it BIOS because i briked the board with UEFI had to nvram flash, then installed proxmox on 4 disks then add the other 10 disks manually boy it was a joy ride

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!