iscsi best practice connecting in vm

tzestavros

Jun 21, 2024
Hi all,
I have setup a 2 node proxmox VE 8.2.2 connected to a storage with FC 10GB. My storage has 2 Control modules with 2 ports FC. i have connect each my server with 2 fc cables (one in each controller). i have setup the multipath and everything work perfect. i run my vms from the iscsi lun.

My network configuration from the first server
1722607536606.png
My network configuration from the second server
1722607595223.png
My storage from datacenter
1722607779262.png
eno6np0 and eno7np1 from each server is talking to the storage my network lan for the vms goes through vmbr0

Now i nead one of my VM to connect to a new lun of my storage with iscsi so this space will be managed from my active directory. but how can i see from the vm the storage? any idea ? i was thinking to add the new lun to the servers and then pass it to the vm as local disk or if i could make a new bridge that include the fc lan ports (eno6np0 , eno7np1) and the local lan port (eno1)
Thanks in advance for any idea.

If i add the new lun to my servers with multipath so i can add the new space as a drive to the vm what type is best to add it as lvm or something else?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!