Is possible turn off all the VMs of Cluster Proxmox VE HA for make backup offline?

cesarpk

Mar 31, 2012
Is possible turn off all the VMs of all nodes in a Cluster Proxmox VE 2.1 HA for make backup offline of all VMs?

I need to know if there is a simple way to do this, because some VMs depend on the services of other VMs that are on other nodes (forming a chain), plus no one works at night, so I want to make a bash script to run at night and in this order :

1 - Turn off the VMs of all nodes in an orderly manner
2 - Make a backup of all VMs of all nodes
3 - Boot the VMs in an orderly manner

And I just need to know: how to do a clean shutdown of the VMs without that rgmanager boot the VMs again nor stop brutally the VMs if I stop the service rgmanager.

Please anybody can help me?
I will be very grateful to anyone who can help me :D

Best regards
Cesar

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!