[SOLVED] Is it possible disable/ prevent fetching datastores?

wingyiulam

Jun 6, 2024
Hi all,

I only need to backup once a month through PBS; Is it possible disable/ prevent fetching datastores?

the syslog generates a lot of error when PBS is down. (pve pvestatd[1165]: backup: error fetching datastores - 500 Can't connect to (No route to host))

Thanks,
Wing

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-06-26 at 9.48.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-06-26 at 9.48.24 PM.png
    682.5 KB · Views: 6
Is it possible disable/ prevent fetching datastores?
You can only disable the storage. This can be done at:
Datacenter > Storage > edit your storage > uncheck "Enabled" > OK

If you want to backup more times than every month, you may look into Hook Scripts to start and shutdown your PBS automatically.

Reactions: wingyiulam
You can only disable the storage. This can be done at:
Datacenter > Storage > edit your storage > uncheck "Enabled" > OK

If you want to backup more times than every month, you may look into Hook Scripts to start and shutdown your PBS automatically.
I see, the system still generates fetching errors after I disable the backup storage.

Strange. Just tested it: I disabled the PBS storage and the cluster immediately stopped spamming the "No route to host"...
nope thanks Azunai333! it works like a charm. I just misread your suggestion, and I disabled the backups instead of storages inattentively. This is exactly what I am trying to do; it's all good now!

Wing

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!