IPv6 (Proxmox 4.4-15/7599e35a)

Billy R

Jul 17, 2017
Nantes, France
Hello,

Everything works well, ping host, and VMs ping as well.

But I have different question:

- Why can't we assign IPv6 /128 ?

And I also have a small problem, I create an LXC container (or a KVM VM), and I assign an IPv6, but the container user can change the IPv6 assigned by another IPv6 block. How can we prevent that?

Thank you in advance,

- Why can't we assign IPv6 /128 ?

You can - but what exactly do you mean? In a VM? In the host? In/for a container?

And I also have a small problem, I create an LXC container (or a KVM VM), and I assign an IPv6, but the container user can change the IPv6 assigned by another IPv6 block. How can we prevent that?

With restriction in the guest/CT (user rights). But I'd recommend to use a firewall which allows only the assigned addresses (i.e. the user can change the IP but not use them for traffic).

You can - but what exactly do you mean? In a VM? In the host? In/for a container?

With restriction in the guest/CT (user rights). But I'd recommend to use a firewall which allows only the assigned addresses (i.e. the user can change the IP but not use them for traffic).

Thanks for your help.
I'll try to use the firewall to manage the traffic from the container.

When I talk about assigning an IPv6 to a container (LXC), the problem is that I can assign a 32 - 120 range block, so when I type my IP /128, it does not work and shows me an error in the CIDR .

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!