IP address mismatich in cluster configuration after /etc/network/interfaces change

proxman

Jul 1, 2012
Hi,

Problem:
Installing a 5 node cluster, i changed the ip´s in /etc/network/interfaces for each node.
After ip change and reboot, merged the nodes into the cluster.
Now, logging into one node shows the other nodes running status. But by selecting "summary" from a node different to the one logged in under server view, you get the overlay "Can't connect to xx.xx.xx.xx:8006 (connect: No route to host) (500)" where xx is the former node ip. So summary information cannot be loaded from the remote host.

Solution:
I found /etc/hosts has a static entry which still points to the ip given at installation time.
It may be my mistake to not check there, but should not the debian netconfig script care about this /etc/hosts entry?

Manually correcting /etc/hosts on all nodes seems to fix the problem. Hope there is no other place where the old ip is saved.
Will this happen also if you change the node network config in the webgui? (I have not checked).

Maybe this helps someone with a similar problem.

Regards,
Proxman

Re: IP address mismatich in cluster configuration after /etc/network/interfaces chang

I found /etc/hosts has a static entry which still points to the ip given at installation time.
It may be my mistake to not check there,

yes, that is a mistake.

but should not the debian netconfig script care about this /etc/hosts entry?

No (how should that work exactly?)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!