io error on one of my VM's

caliber964

Jul 4, 2024
Hi all,

Basically one of my VM's has 3 disks attached and one of those disks got full and the VM started getting an IO error. I attempted to restarted/shutdown the VM but nothing was working so I foolishly rebooted the host. After that the host would not boot due to a failed dependency error and after researching a bit I commented out a couple of lines in /etc/fstab. Got the host to boot but now that disk is offline because obviously I had to comment it out from /etc/fstab. What are my options here? I can connect another (larger) drive and move the storage of that VM to this new drive but I'm really not sure how to do that since that drive is not mounted anymore. Can someone guide me on how to go about this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I removed the disk and got the vm to start up but I can't re-attach the disk and am getting this error now when I try to
Code:
TASK ERROR: activating LV 'proxvg2/proxthin2' failed:   Activation of logical volume proxvg2/proxthin2 is prohibited while logical volume proxvg2/proxthin2_tmeta is active.

Now I'm starting to panic. Really hoping someone can point me in the right direction here.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!