ejc317

Oct 18, 2012
I have spent 24 hours on this (straight) and am about to lose it

The servers can't ping each other ... but can be pinged from outside

1) multicast is on
2) they can ping each other on a private ip just not pub
3) better if unbonded ...

anyone have seen this before? real strange just on the vlan

So to give more background (now that I'm calmer!)

We had 2 switches and 2 nics with 2 ports each eth0, eth1, eth2, eth3 on each node.

We had the public IP on switch #2 and private on switch #1 with public IPs on eth0 and eth1 and private on eth2 and eth3. All worked fine.

Yesterday we moved switches and now had the public ips on eth2 and eth3 and private on eth0 and eth1. Now the private network works fine but for the life of me I can ping the public IPs directly from outside (so its not a switch issue but they just won't ping each other for the life of me or other servers with public IPs)

I have cleared the ARP cache - is this a potential mac address issue? does proxmox store any of this somewhere?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!