Interface for backup

hi,

your question is unclear.. could you rephrase it? maybe more context will help...

I want to backup one of vms. I've got vmbr0 set to ethernet. Does it mean that backup will go by ethernet?

it depends on the target storage you're doing the backup to. if you're doing a local backup then it'll happen on the node itself.

otherwise if you're backing up to a shared storage, the fitting interface which has a route to your storage should be used automatically

What if vmbr0 (eth) and vmbr1 (sfp) have the same route? I would like to speed up it and copying by fibre. Storage is external machine.

in that case i guess it depends on the metric of the routes. the one with the lower metric would be preferred. if you want a certain route to be preferred you can set its metric lower

you'll need to do it on the command line. something like this should work:
Code:
ip route del 1.2.3.4/24 via 1.2.3.4
ip route add 1.2.3.4/24 via 1.2.3.4 metric 1234

basically route need to remove the route and add it with the metric you want

My route:
Code:
root@proxmox:~# ip route show
default via 172.16.1.1 dev vmbr0 proto kernel onlink
172.16.1.0/24 dev vmbr0 proto kernel scope link src 172.16.1.13
172.16.1.0/24 dev vmbr2 proto kernel scope link src 172.16.1.101
172.16.1.0/24 dev vmbr1 proto kernel scope link src 172.16.1.100
Should I delete all routes and add one via ip of sfp bridge? It will be persistent?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!