[SOLVED] Interesting New issue

B-C

Sep 24, 2023
Updated today to the newly released kernel among other updates within the last ~2 weeks
Non Production and just a test server so nothing major

My HA vms now have this error:

Others seem to fire up.

3 Host cluster:
using SDN with vxlan
task started by HA resource agent
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name uk.org.thekelleys.dnsmasq.NAS01 was not provided by any .service files
kvm: -netdev type=tap,id=net0,ifname=tap1201i0,script=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridge,downscript=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridgedown,vhost=on: network script /var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridge failed with status 2816
TASK ERROR: start failed: QEMU exited with code 1

remove the guests from HA (one being an opnsense)
still has an issue:

org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name uk.org.thekelleys.dnsmasq.NAS01 was not provided by any .service files
kvm: -netdev type=tap,id=net0,ifname=tap1201i0,script=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridge,downscript=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridgedown,vhost=on: network script /var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridge failed with status 2816
TASK ERROR: start failed: QEMU exited with code 1

expect something to do with the SDN Bridge - but have them all on the same host currently and same thing....

Ideas?

Last edited:
interesting -
No disabled \ unchecked that, but do have that network defined in the SDN.
Being that I have an OPNSense VM that handles the IP space - which is one of the vms throwing the error of course.

the message "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name uk.org.thekelleys.dnsmasq.NAS01 was not provided by any .service files",

is when the sdn reload try to push dhcp config to dnsmasq server (in NAS01) zone. but it should occur only if dhcp option is enable on the zone NAS01.

Nice good call,

Re-enabled DCHP on both ranges but should only be the one "NAS01"
and back good again - making a note of that!
you were correct "NAS01" was checked for DHCP but had no range - entirely my fault!

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!