Installing radarr and sonarr in my qbittorrent lxc

kelmer44

Aug 20, 2024
I have installed proxmox ve and setup a VM with Home assistant using ttecks scripts, which worked great!

I also installed two lxc using said scripts, one for Plex and one for qbittorrent, I managed to have some folder from the ve be shared to these two lxcs (although I gave full permission cause I get confused with users and groups).

Now I'd like the cherry on the top and install sonarr and radarr (and possibly other cool services too) to manage my library. Where should I install these? In the lxc with qbittorrent? Or the one with Plex?

How do I ensure they all connect to each other properly?

I have also tried a docker lxc with a docker compose image that has Plex sonarr radarr and qbittorrent ready but I don't know how to have them all share the same storage?

All in all this is a bit confusing for a noob like me so id appreciate the help or a nice guide about it all!

Thanks in advance

I've separated all arrs from qbittorrent in their own lxc. plex on its own lxc, and qbittorrent on its own lxc in order to make it easier to troubleshoot if something goes wrong.

The only thing that shares the qbittorrent-nox is vpn and unpackerr.

For autostart you need first enable your host (the computers BIOS) that it will reboot when power supply is back. Then you can configure in the proxmox gui that reboot as soon as power is back too.

Thanks for your reply! What do you need to share among those lxc to have them all fit together?

Thanks for your reply! What do you need to share among those lxc to have them all fit together?
They all just need to connect to the same NAS, preferably through CIFS (SMB/SAMBA, same name). And everything else works as magic! They dont need to know each other as LXC A to LXC B.

Just LXC A -> NAS
LXC B -> NAS
LXC C -> NAS

when you edit the settings of the services, you can let i.e. Overseerr know to look for IP-ADRESS of some service (i.e. plex) in another LXC. As they all share same VLAN or have firewall rules that allows communication they will know each other.

GOOD LUCK homelabbing!

They all just need to connect to the same NAS, preferably through CIFS (SMB/SAMBA, same name). And everything else works as magic! They dont need to know each other as LXC A to LXC B.

Just LXC A -> NAS
LXC B -> NAS
LXC C -> NAS

when you edit the settings of the services, you can let i.e. Overseerr know to look for IP-ADRESS of some service (i.e. plex) in another LXC. As they all share same VLAN or have firewall rules that allows communication they will know each other.

GOOD LUCK homelabbing!
Ahh that's my issue I don't really have a NAS just the internal drive to the minipc!

I did manage to get the services working by having them on separate lxc but I am now struggling to make the most of the disk space of my PC... Somehow it only takes 100gb out of the 512

If I may ask, how did you set it up so they share the same storage space? I am trying to do the same thing myself. If I find a way to allocate more space I'll let you know, but before I get there I'd appreciate if you could send a walkthrough of how you set mountpoints for the containers on an internal drive.

I created a /shared folder in my proxmox shell, then chmod 777 to this folder (I'm a noob so for now I just gave all permissions).

Then from each machine's console do:

pct set 100 -mp0 /shared,mp=/shared

Where 100 is the number of your lxc container

This let's them all access the shared folder.

I created a /shared folder in my proxmox shell, then chmod 777 to this folder (I'm a noob so for now I just gave all permissions).

Then from each machine's console do:

pct set 100 -mp0 /shared,mp=/shared

Where 100 is the number of your lxc container

This let's them all access the shared folder.
This is helpful! The next time I have to test this is Monday so I will get back to you then if I can find info on increasing the size.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!