Installed Proxmox but WebUI didnt run

CxKingx

Aug 6, 2024
Im trying to install proxmox in a mini pc,
followed some youtube guide setting with address 192.168.1.11 and gateway 192.168.1.1
Cant connect to the webui through my laptop
used ethernet cable, router wifi is in 192.168.100.1/

Image is followingg results for the checking
ip a
cat /etc/network/interfaces
nmap -p 8006 <IP Address>
cat /etc/hosts

is there something im missing or forgot to set up
Thanks in advance
Screenshot_20240806_205422_pl.nextcamera.jpg

Hey,

looks like your network is 192.168.100.0/24, but the PVE host is on 192.168.1.0/24, you have to change the IP you set on your PVE host to be in your network. So, to something like 192.168.100.11/24, with the gateway pointing to your router, which would be 192.168.100.1.

so i Edit with nano /etc/hosts for the PVE host?
Then how would I edit the Gateway

I checked some forum solutions and it didnt work for me,
I just reinstall proxmox while entering the correct Addresses and it works
But just for reference, whats the correct way to do it tru terminal?

Hi
Hey,

looks like your network is 192.168.100.0/24, but the PVE host is on 192.168.1.0/24, you have to change the IP you set on your PVE host to be in your network. So, to something like 192.168.100.11/24, with the gateway pointing to your router, which would be 192.168.100.1.
You have the explanation and good track above that you can apply directly but to be more precise you should know your dhcp range or define it to give a fixed ip not used to your mini pc. Scan your network to see that the ip you are going to give is not used to avoid a conflict.
Then modify the hosts and interfaces file with the correct information, ip and gateway.
Restart networking: systemctl restart networking
After connect to the web-ui and then change the dns with the ip of your router.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!