Installed a new NVME drive, and now no ethernet amongst other issues

manguy

Jul 5, 2024
I shutdown my working proxmox server and installed a new NVME drive in an empty slot. Now, when I boot I have these new issues:
1) After hanging on "initializing ramdisk" for a few minutes (as it always did), it now shows some extra complaints about

Code:
Timed out waiting for the udev queue being empty.
Found volume group "pve" ...
Found volume group "drive2" ...
Activation of logical volume drive2/drive2 is prohibited while logical volume drive2/drive2_tmeta is active
Activation of logical volume drive2/vm-100-disk-0 is prohibited while logical volume drive2/drive2_tmeta is active
Activation of logical volume drive2/vm-101-disk-0 is prohibited while logical volume drive2/drive2_tmeta is active
0 logical volume(s) in volume group "drive2", now active...
2) Once it does boot in, there is no ethernet connection and so I cannot use the webgui

Update:
For some reason, installing an NVME drive made my network device change. It used to be enp8s0 before, and became enp9s0 when I installed the nvme, and so I had to modify my networking interfaces file. That solved the no-internet issue.
The other issues were solved with the
lvchange -an drive2/drive2_tdata
lvchange -an drive2/drive2_tmeta
lvchange -an drive2/drive2
lvchange -ay drive2/drive2

thin_check_options = [ "-q", "--skip-mappings" ]
in your /etc/lvm/lvm.conf and running update-initramfs -u afterwards.
reboot

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!