Installation on HPE ml10 gen 9

alderaan79

May 13, 2024
Good Morning, i've a problem in reinstalling on server in object.

First test installation: all ok. Regularly installed and configured zfs on 4 ssd. After a ACDC failure (not yet under ups) i need to reinstall all. Now i cannot procede, because after click on button in graphic mode, scrok.een turns black and seems blocked.

I found to set "nomodeset" during installation, I can procede with text mode installation and all finish regularly.

But when i reboot and select start Proxmox VE after some seconds screen turns black again and seems blocked.

Any ideas?

Thank You
Gianluca

Hi,

But when i reboot and select start Proxmox VE after some seconds screen turns black again and seems blocked.
Seems you need to permanently set nomodeset to have some video ouput. Please see Editing the Kernel Commandline in our admin guide how to permanently modify the kernel parameters.

What might be interesting is what GPU do you have installed in the server? More often than not, it's simply a Nvidia GPU, which are known to cause problems simply due to the manufacturer.

It should be invidia. The error before ti use nomodeset was: vga=788 is deprecated. Use set gfxpayload=800x600x16,800x600 before linux command instead

It should be invidia.
Yeah, then you will need to set nomodeset on the installed system too (if you don't plan on pass-through'ing it or something like that).

Nothing we can really do about unfortunately as it's not in our hands .. it's a known problem - you can find lots of threads on this topic in the forum here.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!