Installation failed

RayGo1975

Aug 16, 2019
Installing on a HP Pavilion g7 with an Intel CPU.
While installing Proxmox VE 6.0-1 from the ISO download I get the screen that says:

Installation Failed
The Proxmox VE could not be installed
Installation of package corosync_3.0.2-pre_amd64.deb failed

The progress bar on the bottom is at 100% and the 2 options I have are abort or reboot.
I cannot help but notice the package that failed has amd64 in it's name, I am installing on an Intel machine, does this have anything to do with the failure?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Never mind I downloaded the ISO again and burned a new CD and it loaded just fine.

Last edited:
hi,

I cannot help but notice the package that failed has amd64 in it's name, I am installing on an Intel machine, does this have anything to do with the failure?

amd64 is the name of the architecture (64-bit). doesn't matter if you have intel or amd.

Never mind I downloaded the ISO again and burned a new CD and it loaded just fine.

i was going to suggest you do that (most of the time it's a corrupted download or similar), glad the problem is fixed.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!