Note: I do not know that card.linkdata 3260-10i
This is a Chinese made array card. Even if PVE switches to HBA mode without a driver, it cannot recognize the hard disk. Does PVE have a way to add a driver?Note: I do not know that card.
First guess: check in the BIOS if it is set to fake raid. Switch all drives to AHCI if it is. If it is a "real" Raid controller switch it to HBA mode.
Yes maybe you must write the driver by yourself.This is a Chinese made array card. Even if PVE switches to HBA mode without a driver, it cannot recognize the hard disk. Does PVE have a way to add a driver?
Thanks,I'll give it a try.I had previous dealings with this card, once you get over little nuances then a reasonable replacement for the Broadcom MegaRAID 9560 series. Hetzner always used to have the Megaraid cards, at the time I was lucky enough to get battery backup as well.
I am fairly sure the linkdata card is supported out of the box on a Debian 13 install.
My initial suspicion would be the PVE installer doesnt have the correct kernel drivers. You don't say whether you've tried booting/installing using a base Debian image 13 then overlaying Proxmox on top from the repositories. This is a documented and supported method and does give more flexibility in, eg partition layout. If you haven't, I'd burn a pure Debian iso and try that first.
Good luck and Happy Proxmox!
Ah now I thought but didn't write that, its still a method to solve the issue of whether or not the drive is shown on stock Debian, if it is then all tings point to drivers. cheers for reminder must make my posts clearer@monkfish that won't work.
If the card is supported by the Debian 13 Kernel but you convert to PVE9 then the Kernel gets replaced and the support for that card will be gone too. PVE uses a customized Ubuntu Kernel.
We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.