Install reboots system at synthesizing hotplug events

mastermindpro

Renowned Member
Nov 12, 2008
Hey y'all, I'm trying to get Proxmox installed on several older machines. These machines are running ASRock X99M Killer motherboards with Intel 5820K CPU's. When I run the Proxmox installer, and choose terminal installation, it appears to work for several seconds until the machine reboots. The last displayed line on the console reads:

Synthesizing the initial hotplug events (subsystems)

I had to video it at 60fps and pause the video just to catch that. I've tried a few different Proxmox installer versions (the latest, an earlier 8.x build, and 7.4-1), and they all create the same behavior. I'm assuming there's a BIOS setting I need to make somewhere, but I'm not sure where to look. Any pointers?

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!