[SOLVED] Install PROXMOX as a VM in ESXi 6.7 Unable To Use VMXNET3

langga

Nov 19, 2020
Hello every one,

I am installed PROXMOX VE as a VM. I can ping the vm using E1000, but after i replace it with VMXNET3, the vm was un-ping-able. Yes ive been install the vmware-tools.

Please, if you have any suggestion, i really apreciate it.

Thank You every one

hi,

maybe the name of the interface changed?

check the output of ip a and cat /etc/network/interfaces

is it the same interface? f.e., eth0 or ens18 etc.

1605789496373.png

Hello,

This is the results. please share to me what is the next steps. I will find my self how to do the steps. please tell me what should i do next.

thank you

please send the output of ip a command as well...

in your ip a, your interface is named ens192.

however your /etc/network/interfaces file shows different interface names: ens32 ens34 ens35 ens36

this happened probably when you changed from e1000 to vmxnet3, it names the interface differently so /etc/network/interfaces needs to be adapted accordingly.

in your ip a, your interface is named ens192.

however your /etc/network/interfaces file shows different interface names: ens32 ens34 ens35 ens36

this happened probably when you changed from e1000 to vmxnet3, it names the interface differently so /etc/network/interfaces needs to be adapted accordingly.
Ok sir. thank you . i really apreciate it.

Hello every one. problem solved. because i dont know and i am a newbie in debian, so i reinstall proxmox and use vmxnet3 in the first place. thank you

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!