Install Aborts - VE 7.0 ISO

nomadix

Jul 13, 2021
Hello,

This is my first time installing Proxmox, and I'm having an issue with the installer either freezing or aborting. I get this error pretty consistently, regardless if I have my network cable plugged in or not:

Code:
/sbin/unconfigured.sh: line 50: /etc/init.d/networking: No such file or directory

The system reboots automatically after that. Has anyone run into this issue? I couldn't find anything on this error specifically when searching around. Thanks!

Attachments

• proxmox_error.jpg
    proxmox_error.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 8
Hi,
Code:
/sbin/unconfigured.sh: line 50: /etc/init.d/networking: No such file or directory
That is a red herring, and fixed in the installer git repository (so for the next ISO), it is itself not really problematic, and the installer is already in the shutdown path when doing that.

So, for my understanding, when does the installer freezes or aborts? After (graphical) installation is done or during that?

I see some nouveau related messages from the kernel, those could indicate something being off with kernel/GPU combination.

Can you try to switch TTY to the second one with CTRL + ALT + F2 to see if there are some more telling error messages from the xserver logged there?

Yep, it was my graphics card. Thanks for pointing that out!

I discovered my motherboard has IPMI/iKVM so I was able to remove my nVidia card and view/control my server that way. Install appears to have worked!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!