input / output error on /etc/pve

paulwarren

Oct 29, 2013
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, I'm getting input / output errors on /etc/pve aka /dev/fuse.

This server is a single server not a node / cluster or anything. If i did /etc/init.d/pve-cluster restart what would happen, baring in mind this is a live server with live vm's that I can not take down. Also would this fix the input / output errors?

Thanks
Paul

Sorry, I should have said

df -h
/dev/fuse 30M 24K 30M 1% /etc/pve

so using 24k of 30m partition

The only partition close to being full is /var/lib/vz at 88% the
reason behind this is we run a backup of a qemu at 1am, and it can't write the lock file to run the back up. on looking into this I found that /etc/pve can't be written to and we get input / output errors if I try to write to /etc/pve/ If i try to write to /etc/ everything is fine. So looks to me like a issue with the partition.

I've looked through the syslog and dmesg but can't find anything to suggest why this is a issue. I was thinking of maybe unmount / mount the /dev/fuse partition but didn't want to just do it in case it took servers down due to /etc/pve not being there any more.

Already tried to restart the pve-cluster service? Try:

# service pve-cluster restart
# service pvedaemon restart
# service pveproxy restart

Hi,

Will this take down any services? this is a live server running live websites. I did not want to do the above and the vm's go down.

Thanks
Paul

Thanks for this, i've now run the first 2, cluster and daemon, both have fixed the issue. proxy didn't exist as a server.

Many thanks for your help and merry xmas and happy new year.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!