Increasing Tracking Center logs beyond 2 weeks

Dec 27, 2020
Not sure if this is by default - however is there a way to increase the Tracking Center log retention so that I can see the last month or longer?

I want to measure and review what emails are coming through and would like to gather a larger sample beyond 2 weeks.

I have tried the following in UI:
  • Configuration > Options > User statistic lifetime = 120
  • Configuration > Spam Detector > Quarantine > Lifetime = 30

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
The Tracking Center is backed by pmg-log-tracker which parses the syslog files.
To increase log retention you have to modify /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog.

The Tracking Center is backed by pmg-log-tracker which parses the syslog files.
To increase log retention you have to modify /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog.
Thank you for this increased from default 4 weeks to 8 weeks.

The main problem that you will have is you will be hitting the web ui limit "aborted by limit (too many hits)"
I seen your post here https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/how-to-increase-tracking-center-log-limit.92914/#post-404651 but even when changing values here I am still hitting the limit. What do we need to change and do to apply higher web ui limit?
1627643105885.png

@poetry My question is different from that topic as that was the display of the WebUI logs which I currently do not have an issue with. However I did want to track for the last month's logs as space is not critical as its on our own server - however I wanted to retain a larger sample of the logs so see the different emails coming and going.

Specifcally to improve on SPAM Subject detection and proving if someone has (or has not) sent a particular email! ;)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!