Incoming blacklisted emails automatically delete and old database contents clear

treloskilo

Aug 12, 2021
Hello
i am using the PMG 7.0-6

I would like to ask
1) I have added emails and domains in blacklist. ( both users blacklist and in Mail Filter -> Who Objects ). I would like to know how to make when an incoming email comes and its in blacklist to be deleted automatically and not go to quarantine server. I searched but could not find anything.

2) Is there any way that i can clear the contents of the database that are old for example 2-3 months old?

Thank you

I would like to ask
1) I have added emails and domains in blacklist. ( both users blacklist and in Mail Filter -> Who Objects ). I would like to know how to make when an incoming email comes and its in blacklist to be deleted automatically and not go to quarantine server. I searched but could not find anything

this can be done through adapting the Rules you have in your system - they do seem different than the default ruleset (there mails from the global blacklist get Blocked)

For the global blacklist - edit the rule where it is present as From Object and change the Action from Quarantine to Block

For the user blacklist - make sure you have a rule which blocks mails with a high spamscore (over 10 for example)

The different lists are explained in the reference documentation:
https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#pmgconfig_whitelist_overview

2) Is there any way that i can clear the contents of the database that are old for example 2-3 months old?
which content do you mean? - quarantine mails are removed from the database after the quarantine life-time

I hope this helps!

Is there a way that i can delete the whole statistics that are in the database without affecting the rules, the blacklists and so on?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!