Idle virtual machines

pades_mali

Dec 29, 2020
I have a Datacenter installation in which the virtual machines are managed by PROXMOX. For two weeks, some of my machines have been inactive and I cannot restart them by clicking on the START button.

I am a beginner with PROXMOX.
You can see on the FILANA machine in the attached file.

help me!!.

Attachments

• Filana_stoped.PNG
    Filana_stoped.PNG
    479.4 KB · Views: 12
What is the error you get when trying to start them?
The ZFS store has a questionmark. Is this the storage the VMS lie on?

The VM does not restart, I tried to make the clone too to no avail. Here is the message I got when I wanted to migrate it to another machine:
Code:
zfs error: cannot open 'santank': no such pool

zfs error: cannot open 'santank': no such pool

2020-12-29 12:54:23 ERROR: migration aborted (duration 00:00:00): could not activate storage 'ZFS_SAN', zfs error: cannot open 'santank': no such pool
TASK ERROR: migration aborted

You need to fix your ZFS pool.
Without the VMs storage you can't start it. Full stop.

What does a "zpool status" on the CLI report?

Ok, I'm just a beginner, but I'll read the literature to resolve the issue. If you can give me some leads, I'm interested.

Connect to your server on the CLI (via SSH or physical console) and type the command "zpool status"

Well.
In this case it gets complicated without further information about the setup.
Are there any defective drives shown in the system?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!