I want to see GUI in laptop connected with VLAN cable with my PC ( server where proxmox is installed )

The client and server are on different networks. Your laptop is 192.168.2.2 but your server is 192.168.0.151. You set a 192.168.2.1 IP on the enp3s0 interface but that interface is part of the vmbr0 bridge so that IP does not get used. When part of a bridge, interfaces take the IP of the bridge. You need to edit /etc/network/interfaces:
  • Remove the IP from enp3s0
  • Change enp3s0 from auto to manual
  • Change the IP on vmbr0 to 192.168.2.1
  • Figure out what your real gateway should be. Generally it will be your router. Change the gateway on vmbr0 to that.
ETA: There is a very good chance that your router is either 192.168.2.1 or 254. Do not set any other computers to the same IP as your router.

Last edited:
Thank @BobhWasatch for the kind reply

My Internet is not working
Sir, I am able to access the GUI, but the internet is not working.

* I have tried to connecte two wifi adapters as you can see in the above image

* I have used below commands to up these two wifi adapters:

ip link set wlo1 up
ip link set wlx90de80842f5a up

* If you will see my tp link wifi configs :

Internet Connection Type Dynamic IP
IP Address:192.168.1.10
Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0
Default Gateway:192.168.1.1
Primary DNS:192.168.1.1
Secondary DNS:0.0.0.0
LAN
MAC Address:98-25-4A-B5-1F-72
IP Address:192.168.0.1
Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0
DHCP Server
DHCP Server:Enabled
IP Address Pool:192.168.0.100-192.168.0.249
Dynamic DNS
Service Provider:TP-Link

1722708119504.png

1722708805086.png

1722708303659.png

I do not have internet access.
I am trying to connect server with wifi but nothing is working.

Thank you Sir in advance

Attachments

• 1722708240342.png
    1722708240342.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
This is a very common request and sadly it is not easy to set up. It is NOT the same as setting up a regular desktop PC because you have to consider both how both the PC itself and your virtual machines are going to access the network. I'll tell you right now that you will be MUCH happier with a hard-wired setup.

Be that as it may, the first problem to face is that PVE does not install the utilities and tools you need to set up wifi. PVE is not a desktop distribution, it is for servers, and servers almost never have wifi as their main interface. Happily the tools can be installed easily using the package manager:
apt install iw wireless-tools wpa-supplicant

The next problem is that you generally cannot use wifi with bridging due to wireless security. The vast majority of access points reject Ethernet frames that have a source MAC address different from the one that authenticated with the access point. This means you can't use the standard setup with a virtual bridge (vmbr0) to connect your virtual machines to the network because each VM has its own MAC address. Typically a routed configuration with the VM's living behind a NAT firewall is used to work around this.

Here are some guides to get you started. This one shows how to set up wifi manually for a scenario where only the PC itself needs to access the network, no virtual machines:
https://wiki.debian.org/WiFi/HowToUse#Using_ifupdown_and_wireless-tools

This one has some links to ways to set up wifi on Proxmox:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/WLAN

There is also this forum thread about a routed+NAT setup:
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/howto-proxmox-ve-8-1-2-wifi-w-snat.142831/

Another option is to go with a desktop virtualization product like VirtualBox. Those products configure routed/NAT setups by default since they are intended to run on a workstation or laptop where wifi is a common interface.

Good luck!

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!