I need help with a couple of issues

curiouscase

Jul 20, 2024
I recently installed a few LXCs. I am not sure what I did wrong my I started getting this unable to initialize AptPkg::Cache (500) error in shell. It said my disk is full and when I checked the LVM disk it It showed that my disk was 93% full. My Proxmox drive is 256 GB SSD and all my VMs and LXCs are installed on a separate 1TB NVME, so I am not sure what is the issue here,
I rebooted the system and tried to search for issues. Found a few old threads but nothing much useful as I am totally new to Linux.
Anyway, things started to work and I could use shell. I was thinking I will post my issue here but now another issue popped up. MY GUI keeps on saying "Login failed. Please try again". Just to be sure I tried using the Proxmox VE realm as well but no respite. I am able to use same details to login using ssh.
Please help me how to solve these issues.
Thanks!

An update: The login failed at least 20 times and after posting this I tried again with the same saved password and it logged me in. From what I see 8 out of my 10 LXCs are stopped and other LXCs are giving the error: Error 500: closing file '/var/tmp/pve-reserved-ports.tmp.5271' failed - No space left on device
The VMs show error: Error 500: closing file '/var/tmp/pve-reserved-ports.tmp.913' failed - No space left on device

Last edited:
This is Community support; if you are not getting the help needed here then I would encourage you to buy a subscription / license and open a ticket with Proxmox

It said my disk is full and when I checked the LVM disk it It showed that my disk was 93% full. My Proxmox drive is 256 GB SSD and all my VMs and LXCs are installed on a separate 1TB NVME, so I am not sure what is the issue here,

Can you post (run these within the host shell, you can also SSH in if GUI is crashing or do this directly on the actual console):

Code:
lsblk -f
fdisk -l
zfs list -o space
df -h

I rebooted the system and tried to search for issues. Found a few old threads but nothing much useful as I am totally new to Linux.
Anyway, things started to work and I could use shell. I was thinking I will post my issue here but now another issue popped up.

You could have posted what your issue was and how you got it resolved for the benefit of others.

MY GUI keeps on saying "Login failed. Please try again". Just to be sure I tried using the Proxmox VE realm as well but no respite. I am able to use same details to login using ssh.

Can you post / attach journalctl -b -u pveproxy > pveproxy.log ?

An update: The login failed at least 20 times and after posting this I tried again with the same saved password and it logged me in. From what I see 8 out of my 10 LXCs are stopped and other LXCs are giving the error: Error 500: closing file '/var/tmp/pve-reserved-ports.tmp.5271' failed - No space left on device
The VMs show error: Error 500: closing file '/var/tmp/pve-reserved-ports.tmp.913' failed - No space left on device

Yeah, lets see the outputs from above.

Also, if you edit your thread title and include e.g. description or error message you are getting, you are more likely to get help.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!