I am not able to access proxmox from another location or pc

Arthur Ferraz

Aug 4, 2022
Hey, recently i got lot of problems with proxmox and solved them all coming here and have a lot to thanks for that , but there is still lefting one issue to fix
I am able to access everything the gui and the ssh but only from my VM, and i cant access from another pc just the one that is in my home and this proxmox account should be in my work pc

Maybe a stupid question but are you using a IP of that is part of your routers subnet? Alot of people install PVE with the default 192.168.100.2/24 IP and wonder why they cant't access the server when all other computers are using the routers subnet of 192.168.0.1/24 or similar.

Maybe a stupid question but are you using a IP of that is part of your routers subnet? Alot of people install PVE with the default 192.168.100.2/24 IP and wonder why they cant't access the server when all other computers are using the routers subnet of 192.168.0.1/24 or similar.
i am hosting proxmox on OVHCLOUD ip shows like that
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 198.27.*.*/24
gateway 198.27.*.254
bridge-ports eno1
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0
hwaddress :*:*:*:*:*

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet static
address 192.168.1.100/24
bridge-ports none
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!