[SOLVED] HP530SFP+ with Asrock A520M PRO4 and Proxmox 7.3

AndreScalaPT

Dec 9, 2021
Hello everybody,
I've read all the threads I found about this question but I didn't find a solution for it.

I added this network card to my server and it is detected in the BIOS and it is active but when I start the server it loses the internet connection even with the network cable connected.

I'm connecting with the SFP+ DAC cable to the SFP+ port (26) of my USW-Pro-24-PoE switch and it recognizes the server.

Now, how do I add this new 10GB connection to my Proxmox installation once I have no internet and no access to the GUI?

Do I need to re-install Proxmox? :eek::eek: (doesn't mke sense).

Thank you all and sorry is my first time trying 10GB :p

best regards ;)

it seems interfaces names change when you plug your 10gb nic.
compare "ip a" with and without 10gb nic (real kbd & monitor needed) . then adjust /etc/network/interfaces then reboot.

Reactions: AndreScalaPT

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!