HP DL580 G7 installs PVE7.4 and prompts "Input signal is out of range"

Kimi_TT

Jul 11, 2024
Server model: HP DL580 G7. During the installation of PVE7.4, I selected the default installation. During the installation, the monitor screen went black and prompted "Input signal out of range", but I installed PVE7.0 and it installed normally. I tried:
1. In the installation interface, select "Install Proxmox VE" and do not press Enter;
2. Press the e key to edit the boot options, find the line starting with linux, and add video=800x600@60 or nomodeset at the end
3. Ctrl+X or F10 to start the installation program
But this method still doesn't work. Please help me solve this problem. Thank you.

Hello,
first of all, why do you want to install PVE7.4? It's soon end of life.
We often have the same issue with other servers, this isn't bound to PVE at all.

Try to use the IPMI, to install PVE.

i have tried to use iOL3 to install pve,but get the same problem,at this step, no output was displayed

I'll try it later at home on my old DL380 Gen6 it's more or less the same age.
Maybe i can replicate that there.
I'll keep you updated!

Hey,
I'm sorry to in form you that it works without any problems on my machine and i don't have any solution in my mind.
There is one thing you can try but I think you did it already: Updating the firmware, BIOS, VGA and maybe the iLO.

But as it is a old server I don't know if the Firmware is still on the HPE Support website. (You need to register yourself on the portal and add your Server via the Serial No. to your products.)

Hey,
I'm sorry to in form you that it works without any problems on my machine and i don't have any solution in my mind.
There is one thing you can try but I think you did it already: Updating the firmware, BIOS, VGA and maybe the iLO.

But as it is a old server I don't know if the Firmware is still on the HPE Support website. (You need to register yourself on the portal and add your Server via the Serial No. to your products.)
thank you all the same.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!