[SOLVED] HP DL 380 G8 can't boot with Proxmox with NVME

Poly98

Feb 1, 2023
Hi, I am trying to install proxmox 7.3 on a nvme.

I have a ProLiant DL380p Gen8 with Rom p70 from 2015 Ilo4 2.78.

I have put my usb with proxmox and it has installed correctly but when booting, it does not boot the proxmox OS, it does not come up in Smart storage either.

I have read quite a bit and have seen that it is not possible to use a nvme as a boot, what should I do?

1675264876389.png

1675263846866.png

Hello, to boot from an NVMe drive, UEFI is required. Unfortunately, this server model does not have UEFI mode. UEFI became available with Gen9 on Proliant.
A possible solution is to install Proxmox on a cheap 120GB SSD, which can be purchased for around $20.

Hola, para arrancar desde una unidad NVMe, se requiere UEFI. Desafortunadamente, este modelo de servidor no tiene el modo UEFI. UEFI estuvo disponible con Gen9 en Proliant.
Una posible solución es instalar Proxmox en un SSD económico de 120 GB, que se puede comprar por alrededor de $20.
Muchas gracias, voy a buscar el cable más un ssd.

Hello, to boot from an NVMe drive, UEFI is required. Unfortunately, this server model does not have UEFI mode. UEFI became available with Gen9 on Proliant.
A possible solution is to install Proxmox on a cheap 120GB SSD, which can be purchased for around $20.
That's right, it's working now

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!