hp-ams.service failed

Dgarcia

Oct 16, 2024
I am trying to install AMS on my ProLiant DL20 Gen11 which I installed proxmox on and I get this error:

Job for hp-ams.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status hp-ams.service" and "journalctl -xeu hp-ams.service" for details.
invoke-rc.d: initscript hp-ams, action "start" failed.
× hp-ams.service - LSB: HP AMS helper
Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/hp-ams; generated)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2024-10-21 08:49:47 CEST; 3ms ago
Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
Process: 49449 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/hp-ams start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
CPU: 56ms

Oct 21 08:49:46 HarineraHost systemd[1]: Starting hp-ams.service - LSB: HP AMS helper...
Oct 21 08:49:47 HarineraHost hp-ams[49477]: This program requires the host to have a HP Integrated Lights Out 4 (iLO 4) BMC
Oct 21 08:49:47 HarineraHost systemd[1]: hp-ams.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Oct 21 08:49:47 HarineraHost systemd[1]: hp-ams.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Oct 21 08:49:47 HarineraHost systemd[1]: Failed to start hp-ams.service - LSB: HP AMS helper.
dpkg: error processing package hp-ams (--configure):
installed hp-ams package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
hp-ams
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Can anyone give me a hand?

Please take a look at this very long thread. Perhaps you will find what you are looking for there.
I can tell you from my own experience (and I worked with HPE for over 12 years) that the hp-ams.service rarely really worked with Linux. That's why I gave it up at some point.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!