How would you configure this??

jvnet

Mar 12, 2022
Hello Proxmox forum members,

After playi,g around a little with proxmox over the last months, Saterady i get my 4 500Gb harddrives and plan to do a final install for home use and learning proxmox, networking and security.

I have about 15 local network devices that i managed to all have run behind a pfsense vm, sofarr, I have a 10Tb nas storage devides in a 4tb and 6tb volume for filestorage.

The 1To stockage on 2x500gb hdd is mainly to run containers so i can add all system ressources shared between CT’s

How would i best go about configuring my proxmox box to use 2 x 500 as a 1To storage with automatic backup on the other 2 500gb drives. All whiles having the 2 ssd harddrives for the proxmox local system with auto backup and failover hdd

How to connect the nas drives as storage without deleting the data (basicly have the data on the nas available as shared drives on proxmox vm’s)

As i am new to zall the different options given by proxlox i open this thread to get some tips and tricks on how such setup will be best done.

Server Specs
CPU(s)

8 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3440 @ 2.53GHz (1 Socket)

16Gb RAM

2 x 256Gb SSD

4 x 500Gb SATA

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!