How to use Webmin for firewall setting in Proxmox V2.1?

mfgamma

Renowned Member
Jan 8, 2011
Hi,

I like to use Webmin for managing servers. It is working fine on the host with proxmox install. When it comes to managing the firewall through webmin I got the message below

So is it possible to deactivate the script (and how) to "transfer" the existing rules to standard webmin managed files?

thanks a lot

best regards

Webmin has detected 1 IPtables firewall rules currently in use, which are not recorded in the save file /etc/iptables.up.rules. These rules were probably setup from a script, which this module does not know how to read and edit.
If you want to use this module to manage your IPtables firewall, click the button below to convert the existing rules to a save file, and then disable your existing firewall script.

Hi,

ok point taken but I guess there is a pve script that generate the rule below (as seen by webmin) somewhere as I added the IP address 10.10.11.1 only in the pve interface by creating vmbr1

thanks and best regards

Existing firewall configuration

# Generated by iptables-save v1.4.8 on Mon Apr 30 20:03:16 2012*mangle:pREROUTING ACCEPT [xxxxxxx:xxxxxxxx]:INPUT ACCEPT [xxxxxxx:xxxxxxxx]:FORWARD ACCEPT [xxxxxxx:xxxxxxxx]:OUTPUT ACCEPT [xxxxxxx:xxxxxxxx]
:pOSTROUTING ACCEPT [xxxxxxx:xxxxxxxx]
COMMIT# Completed on Mon Apr 30 20:03:16 2012# Generated by iptables-save v1.4.8 on Mon Apr 30 20:03:16 2012*filter:INPUT ACCEPT [xxxxxxx:xxxxxxxx]
:FORWARD ACCEPT [xxxxxxx:xxxxxxxx]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [xxxxxxx:xxxxxxxx]
COMMIT# Completed on Mon Apr 30 20:03:16 2012# Generated by iptables-save v1.4.8 on Mon Apr 30 20:03:16 2012*nat:pREROUTING ACCEPT [xxxxxxx:xxxxxxxx]
:pOSTROUTING ACCEPT [xxxxxxx:xxxxxxxx]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [xxxxxxx:xxxxxxxx]
-A POSTROUTING -s 10.10.11.0/24 -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE COMMIT# Completed on Mon Apr 30 20:03:16 2012

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!