How to use extra NVMEs

zuluromeo

May 12, 2019
Hello,

I have a computer with three slots for NVMe's which all have 4TB drives in them. I installed Proxmox onto one of them and have been storing everything there. The other two were going to be used for something else. I ended up not doing what I thought I would and now have two 4TB NVMe's sitting empty in my system. I have a very small environment using just above 50% of the local-lvm. My local is only 37% full (default of 100GB). I have a QNAP JBOD 8-bay USB storage attached and used in a unraid VM. I do not want to have to reinstall everything to use ZFS (nor do I feel like learning how to use ZFS at this point). What is the best way to add the other NVMe's? I do not think adding them to the current LVM-Thin is wise in case one fails. Do I just add two more LVM-Thins and use one as a "backup" (I have nothing on here that would cause me to shed a tear if I lost it).

I am over thinking this and just need some perspective.
Thank you!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!