How to turn screen off attached to second GPU?

ThisDudeXander

Oct 26, 2024
I am trying to figure out how to turn off a screen attached to a secondary GPU that the console is not being displayed on. I have a spare computer that used to be a gaming pc, that I'm using to run TrueNAS and other Linux OS's just to learn and have some fun with them. I have a 1660s in the main pcie slot and a gt710 in the pcie slot attached to the chipset for ProxMox (then an LSI HBA in the second pcie slot for truenas). The 1660s has a screen attached to it and the gt710 has one attached to it for console stuff. I can turn the gt710 screen off with a "setterm --blank force" command but cannot use that for the 1660s...

I already got a windows VM set up and working with pcie passthrough for the 1660s to keep using the system as a spare gaming pc when friends come over, however when the VM is shut down the screen has its backlight on and I haven't been able to find a post on how to get it to turn off. I only want the screen turning on when the VM starts and loads into windows.

Note: I can get the screen to turn off while the VM is running and windows turns off display after x time.

I'm very new to running ProxMox and any help here is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!