How to strictly reject email without MX

smileluo

Jan 16, 2021
reject_unknown_sender_domain
Will reject email if mail from domain has neither mx record nor a record,for some spammer,they will sending forged emails that has A record but no MX record,in that case,if the IP is clean,postfix is accepted by default.
If there any way to direct block those without MX record?

To reject email when the HELO/EHLO hostname has neither DNS A record nor MX record, use

reject_unknown_helo_hostname

The spammer will use HELO that has A record,so reject_unknown_helo_hostname not working to block it

Add the following lines in smtpd_sender_restrictions. It will reject email if the domain name of the address supplied with the MAIL FROM command has neither MX record nor A record.

Code:
smtpd_sender_restrictions =
   permit_mynetworks
   reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname
   reject_unknown_client_hostname

Will reject email if mail from domain has neither mx record nor a record,for some spammer,they will sending forged emails that has A record but no MX record,in that case,if the IP is clean,postfix is accepted by default.
If there any way to direct block those without MX record?
Not that I know of - also I would not do that - having a domain without MX record sending mail is not uncommon (and perfectly fine according to the relevant RFCs)

I hope this helps!

As found some spammers use this method to sending spams. Most of case,the envelope from without MX is spams!

I am thinking a method to block all of such and make a list to whitelist some,if really good company without MX

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!