How to setup MAC ADDRESS for CTs

i-hotspots

Sep 29, 2010
München - Bangkok
hoster321,com
Hello,

I already red some posts, BUT I dont get it :confused:

How can I setup for a CT its own MAC address, I want install a script on it and that need a mac address to register the license with it.

OR if someone could tell me how to setup a KVM that is reachable from the WEB, would be fine too.
(SOORY, that network setting thing makes me REALLY CONFUSE )

Thanks to all

Andy ;P

Hardware:
- Dedicated Server with proxmox
- additional IP for the CT

Thanks Dietmar,

good, then I was on the right way ;)

But something wont work ????

my proxmox network settings:
- eth0 active
- vmbr0 eth0 IP= Server Main IP Subnet 255..... Gateway: Server IP
- vmbr1 eth0 IP= ADDITIONAL IP (for my CT)

I created on my CT a veth:
- IP= eth0 Bridge= vmbr1 MAC= xx.xx.xx.... Host ifname= veth101.0 Host Mac= xx.xx.xx....

now, when I enter the CTs IP, I get to the proxmox site ?!

when I run ifconfig I can see that for my CT 101 is the additional IP given and a MAC address too, BUT HOW TO REACH FROM WEB ???

How to setup proxmox network settings correctly, I saw on different sites that the server IP is with eth0 and on other posts it´s with vmbr0 together ?!
AND in anohter config I sac that there was NO eth0 in the network setting listed, only the vmbr0 . I am a bit confused here now ?!
THANKS

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!