How to setup 2 IP addresses of which 1 is used for all VM/LXC?

murda

Jan 3, 2024
Hello, I have the following scenario. I installed Proxmox on my bare metal server and I later ordered an additional IPv4 /32 address. I want to access and perform network operations on the PVE host with the main IP address only, and use the secondary IP address strictly for my VM's and LXC containers. I've only ever setup NAT masquerading with a single IP address but never more than 1.

- How do I add the 2nd IP address to Proxmox?

I think I can figure out how to setup the masquerading myself once the IP is added.

Both addresses are in the same subnet. I've tried adding a new bridge for the 2nd address in the web ui but I get the following: "gateway: Default gateway already exists on interface 'vmbr0'."

1719583233045.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!