How to run macOS & Windows On Single Computer At the Same Time Proxmox

pilgrimage

Oct 17, 2021
Hello friends, I am very new about proxmox product. How can I run two operating systems at the same time on one computer in Proxmox? When I press the button Windows and Mac OS will boot up at the same time. I need help on this.

Thankyou for supports.

minutes: 17.38 - That's exactly what it's looking for on my computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lztH7BUxIoM&t=693s

Last edited:
Hi,

Launch multiple OS at the same time isn't really difficult. With solution like proxmox, you can easily use MacOS, WinOS, freeOS at the same time.

But i think that it's not your volontee. The problem you risk to have is that you wanna make 3D projects in yours vm. In defaut configuration, you have really poor perfs, or no perfs in your vm excepted cpu power.

For make more 3d projets in yours vms, you need a dedicated gpu trapped by the vm at is boot. This last will take all 3D process.

But, if you only wanna install it for see, most popular tutorials lets you easily install Windows, macOS.

Bests regards,

Hi,
I came here because of her also.
I did try to Install Proxmox VE on top of Debian 11.
but still not working. I'm new here too.
if anybody know how to do it.
plz let us know. Thanks

Like Pifouney already said you might want a dedicated GPU for each VM. So in case you want Windows + MacOS you basically want 3 GPUs. One for your host itself in case something goes wrong or you need to access the BIOS and so on. Then one GPU for your Win VM and one GPU for your MacOs VM. If you use virtualization your multiple OSs can't share the same physical Hardware. In case of RAM, CPU and Storage Proxmox will emulate/virtualize virtual Hardware so guests can share the hardware. But because it is emulated/virtualized hardware and not real hardware you will get more or less overhead so you loose performance. And in case of GPUs this can't be virtualized, so you need to passthrough the hardware into your VM. But as soon as you passthrough hardware neither your host nor any other VM can use that hardware. So you need multiple GPUs.

Reactions: Pifouney
Hi,
I came here because of her also.
I did try to Install Proxmox VE on top of Debian 11.
but still not working. I'm new here too.
if anybody know how to do it.
plz let us know. Thanks
Hey,

Install Proxmox on top of debian is not an easy action. What post have you followed for make this ?

In first case, i suppose that you've missconfigured yours /etc/[hostname, hosts] files, and the end of configuration of Proxmox VE install will give you a bad return.

(Sorry for my small english ... :s)

EDIT: BIG CAUTION: using pve kernel for desktop use isn't easy too ^^

Last edited:
Do you have a document or video on this topic? Actually there is that.

Thanks for support.

Sorry, it was a mistake because I translated it with google translate.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!