How to recover HomeAssistant Configs from failed qcow2 disk

9ann0n

Apr 6, 2017
Had a home assistant drive become unbootable and kept failing to shell. Tried the secure boot option, updating to 7.2 (was still on 6.4), and a bunch of other things. Backups end up with the same problem.

I've decided to just move on and reinstall HA in a new VM.

What I don't know how to do, is recover my most recent HA snapshot from the failed qcow2 disk. Any help would be greatly apprecaite. I'm not a CLI/PVE wizard so any step by step would be very helpful.

Hi,
you have multiple ways to try to recover this. One would be to boot the VM from some ISO and rescue the data and/or VM that way.

Another way would be to move the the disk to another VM and access the disk from the other VM: under: VM/Hardware/Select the hard drive/Disk Action/Reassign Owner
1653643827668.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!