how to load modules during installation boot?

dzanon

Nov 22, 2016
Hi guys,
I just downloaded Proxmox to give it a try on a Fujitsu TX1310 M1 server but the installation media doesn't recognize the onboard raid controller's volumes (LSI megaraid), it just sees four disks instead.
Is there a way to pass at boot time some option to load extra modules?
Right now I have two RAID1 setups, one for system and one to store the VMs and I would prefer if possible to use the official installation media without going on a manual debian netinst setup.

Thanks

Maybe i'am wrong... but are the onboardcontroller fakeraid. I think they are not real HW Raid. For real HW Raid you don't need a driver. Can you post the whole name of the Controller please.

Yes I'm 99,99% sure it is fakeraid since it's called "LSI megaraid software raid" even in its own bios, but still I'm using fakeraid on my main workstation and it's working ok, doesn't Proxmox have this module built in? Can I recompile the kernel somehow to include it?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!