How to go through a captive portal with Proxmox

fredo

May 25, 2022
Hello,

I am actually setting up a proxmox server in my student appartement. I have no right on the network and I have to log in a captive portal on the only Ethernet port i have access. I manage to connect my pc and the server with a router, and i can access internet with my pc through this ethernet port. however i didn't figured out how to log in this captive portal with my proxmox server. Any Clue ?

Thanks, Fredo.

(PS : yes, the company selling this network solution are torturers)

Well, it seems you still have to accept the Terms & Conditions, or whatever the captive portal is asking of you, on your Proxmox host. The simplest solution would be to install a Desktop environment on your Proxmox server and using a browser to press the "accept" button.

Alternatively, you could try to find out what the API call is that is sent to your captive portal when you accept. Depending on the manufacturer this might be rather simple and would have to advantage of automation, e.g. in a script which periodically renews your consent.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!