How to configure host for 2 proxmox node

bibax

May 3, 2013
Hello!

I have a question about configure network on a host.
I have proxmox v2.3 and a debian host (qemu).
I want to have a backup of this machine on an other porxmox node and if the first node is out of service, I just want to start the backup and whaou it works!

But my network is configured like this on my host :
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 10.9.9.59
netmask 255.255.255.255
up route add -host 10.9.9.51 dev eth0
up route add default gw 10.9.9.51
post-down route del 10.9.9.51 dev eth0
post-down route del default gw 10.9.9.51

My proxmox node is 10.9.9.51.
But when I will restore my machine on the other node, this gateway will not be available...

How can I do?
Configure 2 gateway on this host but I think that I can't have two default gateway for one interface?

Thank you for your advice!

Regards

Hi,

I found something interesting.
I used proxmox only on cloud server with ipfailover and I configured network settings like it.
But, I don't have to set gateway (on my guest) to my proxmox vmbr0. I can use gateway of my physical network and my problem will be solved because both proxmox nodes are in the same network.

Can you confirm it?

Thank you

Hi,

I found something interesting.
I used proxmox only on cloud server with ipfailover and I configured network settings like it.
But, I don't have to set gateway (on my guest) to my proxmox vmbr0. I can use gateway of my physical network and my problem will be solved because both proxmox nodes are in the same network.

Can you confirm it?

Thank you

How can I close a post?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!