[SOLVED] How to config gotify notification?

AkagiYui

Jan 18, 2024
I have already configured token. It still reports 401 when testing. I tested the api in postman and it works well (authorized).
1705549410309.png
1705549446625.png
1705549581963.png

Could you make sure that the settings in /etc/pve/notifications.cfg and /etc/pve/priv/notifications.cfg match exactly what you've entered in the UI?

Is there maybe a proxy between you and the Gotify server?

Could you make sure that the settings in /etc/pve/notifications.cfg and /etc/pve/priv/notifications.cfg match exactly what you've entered in the UI?

Is there maybe a proxy between you and the Gotify server?
Thanks for your reply. I have checked both files and they are correct, no problems with PVE.
I finally found out that it was my Gotify server version that was too low.
1705570939067.png
1705570949371.png

The lowest version it supports for the 'Authorization' header is v2.2.0.
You can mark that in the documentation if you like.
1705571056239.png

Attachments

• 1705571017787.png
    1705571017787.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Lukas Wagner
Oh, thanks for figuring that out!

I wonder if it would make sense to use the older, 'X-Gotify-Key' header then, for broader compatibility. It seems like they have no intentions of phasing that one out. Then on the other hand, Gotify 2.2.0 was released more than a year ago, so maybe simply documenting the version requirement in our docs would be enough and encourage people to update ;)

Reactions: AkagiYui
Oh, thanks for figuring that out!

I wonder if it would make sense to use the older, 'X-Gotify-Key' header then, for broader compatibility. It seems like they have no intentions of phasing that one out. Then on the other hand, Gotify 2.2.0 was released more than a year ago, so maybe simply documenting the version requirement in our docs would be enough and encourage people to update ;)
I use this for personal use only. I am willing to upgrade for this.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!