How should I set up networking on my rack server for Proxmox VE?

luciaonmatteo

Jul 1, 2024
Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of setting up networking on my rack server for Proxmox VE and could use some advice. Specifically, I'm interested in optimizing VLAN configuration and ensuring optimal network performance. Here are a few questions to kick off the discussion:

1. VLAN Configuration: What are the best practices for configuring VLANs on a rack server running Proxmox VE? Any specific steps or considerations I should keep in mind?
  2. Network Performance: How can I ensure that my network setup is optimized for performance when using Proxmox VE? Are there any settings within Proxmox or network hardware configurations that are particularly beneficial?
  3. Security Considerations: Are there security implications I should be aware of when setting up VLANs with Proxmox VE? Any recommendations for securing network traffic between VMs and external networks?
Looking forward to hearing your experiences and recommendations!

Thanks in advance.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!