How do you backup?

gusto

Feb 10, 2018
I have only one node in my home lab. So far I have 15 x LXC and 2 x KVM. I make backups via the web interface using vzdump. I then copy the backups to a USB key.
I would like to store backups in some cloud (e.g. gdrive). I don't need synchronization, just simply create a backup and send it to gdrive.
I need backups on gdrive to be encrypted.
I really like rclone. Files can be encrypted before sending and decrypted after receiving. I want to ask if there is a script for this so that I don't have to create what is already created:

1. Create a backup
2. Encrypt and send to gdrive

PBS is THE way to backup everything related to PVE. If you can't or won't run a PBS in your home, you may try online PBS like from tuxis.nl (@tuxis), it works great and all the data can (and should) be encrypted on your PVE and backup will be written to their server.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!