how do i get the interfaces up

Stylez

Feb 20, 2024
i have installed proxmox on a new clean server but cant get to the GUI of my server after isnallation. i noticed that the interface was down but i cant seem to get it up with any of the linux commands i used.

As always when Proxmox cannot be reached: what is the output of ip a and what is the output of cat /etc/network/interfaces? A readable photograph will do.

please see attached photos

Attachments

• image (1).png
    image (1).png
    106.6 KB · Views: 36
  • image.png
    image.png
    150.2 KB · Views: 37
please see attached photos
Unfortunately, you did cat /network/interfaces instead of cat /etc/network/interfaces, so the first photo is useless. Please try again. Are you connected via SSH (or can copy text)?
The network device that is up (and probably connected to vmbr0) has no-carrier, which usually mean that there is no (working) cable connected.

Hi, the cable has been switched but still the same and i have attached the correct result for the command i missed

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    16.8 KB · Views: 23
please see results
As you can see, still NO-CARRIER. Looks like there is no (working) connection between your network device that is configured and anything else (like your router). Maybe the cable is bad, maybe the device is bad, maybe the driver is bad?

Thanks, i managed to find the issue and it was a faulty NIC. The lights on it lit up but after testing i did prove that the NIC is faulty.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!