How Config this scheme

Hello,

just guessing: you ask how to run several web servers for http://www.aaa.com and www.bbb.com whith only one public IP?

Look for sniproxy. Prepare one third VM running this tool and forward incoming connections on port 80/443 to this one. It will distribute as many incoming requests depending on the DNS-Name in the Service-Name-Indication field to as many destination VMs with independent web servers as necessary.

just guessing: you ask how to run several web servers for http://www.aaa.com and www.bbb.com whith only one public IP?
that's right

Look for sniproxy. Prepare one third VM running this tool and forward incoming connections on port 80/443 to this one. It will distribute as many incoming requests depending on the DNS-Name in the Service-Name-Indication field to as many destination VMs with independent web servers as necessary.

Should i set each vm?
and how do i set the proxmox

If you only got one public IP but several domains that should point to different webservers you need to setup a reverse proxy, like UdoB already said. For this you need to create a single additional VM that runs a reverse proxy like sniproxy, HAproxy, nginxproxymanager, nginx, apache and so on. You tell your router to forward every incoming HTTP/HTTPS traffic to this VM running your reverse proxy. The reverse proxy will look at the domain name and forward that traffic again to the VMs you configured (for example VM1 if it is aaa.com or VM2 if it is bbb.com).

If you don't got a good firewall to isolate your proxmox server or VMs you could also run OPNsense inside a VM to handle all incoming traffic. OPNsense has some plugins like HAproxy that can work as a reverse proxy. This way you could also use filtering, VPN, intrusion prevention and so on.

Last edited:
If you only got one public IP but several domains that should point to different webservers you need to setup a reverse proxy, like UdoB already said. For this you need to create a single additional VM that runs a reverse proxy like sniproxy, HAproxy, nginxproxymanager, nginx, apache and so on. You tell your router to forward every incoming HTTP/HTTPS traffic to this VM running your reverse proxy. The reverse proxy will look at the domain name and forward that traffic again to the VMs you configured (for example VM1 if it is aaa.com or VM2 if it is bbb.com).

If you don't got a good firewall to isolate your proxmox server or VMs you could also run OPNsense inside a VM to handle all incoming traffic. OPNsense has some plugins like HAproxy that can work as a reverse proxy. This way you could also use filtering, VPN, intrusion prevention and so on.
cool, can you tell me the settings? step by step... Thanks...

i know this is an old thread, but I'm looking to do the same thing. Is there a way to run sniproxy on proxmox itself?
Running this in a LXC container or even on proxmox itself would be ideal since it is something I want to put in front of all VMs.

Last edited:
apt install sniproxy was able to run on proxmox's CLI, the rest should be just reading the docs. :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!