HOLD emails for manual review Spam and Bad Address

sor2000

Oct 31, 2019
Hello PMG forum,

I am new to PMG but not to email gateways and was hoping I could get some help as I am not able to find a clear answer anywhere so far.

Is there a way to Hold emails for manual review by an admin if it trips specific/any flags:

IE:
1. bad address (address that is not white listed in PMG). Why: I'm trying to avoid receiving emails to my mail server that do not exist and over loading it with rejecting bounce backs to the sender or are meant for internal use only.

2. possible spam (emails that get flagged as spam but are legitimate)

3. failed processing (emails that were not able to be identified correctly due to attachments or other)

Thank you, appreciate any help i could get here.

Thank you, that is a good idea s well but that is not what I was looking for.
Do you know if there is a way or possible to do what I was looking for?
If not, is there another open source Email Gateway that you know will do this?

Hi, there are no plans to add this future in pmg?, that all incoming mail traffic is copied to the db and then we can create the bayesian database, classifying ham and spam

Reactions: thiagotgc
There is a program called Xeams that has a nice feature of applying a filter and then holding email until it is released or deleted - for both incoming and outgoing.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!